Vegan Burger w/ Smoked Gouda and Caramelized Apple and Onion Jam
It’s Summer! What goes hand in hand during Summer? A delicious burger and cold bottle of beer. Try out our take on the vegan tuna burger, complimented by smokey vegan gouda and a sweet onion and apple jam.
Body: 4 servings
4 burger buns
1 TBSP vegan mayo
1 8oz Jinka (Flavor of your choice)
4 TBSP Just egg
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
4 slices vegan smoked gouda cheese slices
1 TBSP water
Pinch of Salt+Pepper
Caramelized Apple and Onion Jam:
1 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 apple, cubed
1 TBSP coconut oil
1/4 TBSP salt
1 TSP balsamic vinegar
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP maple syrup
1 TBSP water
1. In a bowl, mix Jinka, egg, panko breadcrumbs, celery, and salt+pepper. Once the mixture is mixed, form into patties. Place in fridge as you assembly the rest of the burger
2. In a pan, heat a little bit of oil and place your patties in the pan. Pan fry each side for 30 seconds over medium heat, or until the crust is golden brown.
3. Layer the cheese on top, add some water into the pan and cover with a lid for 15 seconds or until the cheese is melted.
1. Cook the onion in coconut oil over low heat until translucent and slightly browned. This can take anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes, but be patient! The end result is worth it.
2. Add salt, lemon juice, maple syrup, and vinegar. Cook until all ingredients are absorbed into the onion. This will take another 10 minutes.
3. Add the cubed apples and water. Cook until the apples have softened and the water is absorbed. This process will take 10 minutes.
1. Toast the buns with a little bit of butter on each side.
2. Spread a layer of mayo onto the top bun.
3. Place a patty on the bottom half, and dress with the delicious caramelized apple and onion jam. Top with the burger bun.